Sponge Homer

Homer H. Hillis, Jr. sponges all kinds of information, business, political and trends. I've been seen on the Sally Jesse Rafeal show with noted trend spotter Faith Popcorn. My Blog will give you an over view of what I'm seeing and reflections on the same.

Friday, April 30, 2004

I had an airport experience of a life time yesterday flying out of Guangzhou.
The airport is about the size of a Midland or Lubbock Texas but handles the traffic of say DFW. Arriving there you are funneled into a one lane path to check bags
for society and collect a 90rmb tax. First guy you meet is the tax collector.
Then off to the ticketing desk. Where when I presented the lady said, "sorry sir
we have no record of your ticket, please go to counter 1". So I went there to find I had friends. The lady ask, "did you confirm your ticket" No I didn't well you have to go on Stand by till 1:30. The flight is at 2:15. By this time irate Iranians, Jordanians, Lebanese and every country in the world it seems is screaming there heads off. Then massive confusion: Only one checked bag and limit is 20kilos
that's 40lbs. My shoes weigh more than that. And One carry on limit 15 or so kilos. In the lobby of the ticketing area my Lebanese friend George is dumping catalogs that he had packed to take back. Massive amounts of catalogs.
Then at 1:30 they start calling out our Stand by numbers, we all made it but was some ordeal.
In June they have a new modern airport opening. I hope customer service is better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home