Sponge Homer

Homer H. Hillis, Jr. sponges all kinds of information, business, political and trends. I've been seen on the Sally Jesse Rafeal show with noted trend spotter Faith Popcorn. My Blog will give you an over view of what I'm seeing and reflections on the same.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

I'm hooked on Mac's now, I have been "immersed" for 2 days in the largest congratation of Mac evangelist, (how could I not repent and confess my sins) on earth at the Macworld Expo in San Francisco

and its been eye opening.

Here some facts:

* The ipod is the largest most disruptive techology tool to hit this
planet in a long time

* Podcasting is big time disruptive--it makes everyone into a
broadcaster who wants to be--and Mac has simple tools to to that

* if I owned a broadcast network I'd be thinking what do I do NEXT,
the game is changing--its at about a 1-2 yr old level. now.

* I see 100+ Mac users setting around on the floor shooting video
all over the world all day long--and podcasting

* George Lucas and a team of technology gurus in the late 70's with Star wars started all this for film and now its available to the masses--one man said he dreamed of a day when anyone would have the tools to create a movie.

* Google has the largest computer in the world a cluster of over 100,000
* I got a new demo of iLife for Mac and its great---with many easy tools

* Good seminar on digital photography, how depth of view changes things

2 more days

Oh ya, Garageband lets you create your own music and Podcast it to the world

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree it was a great show and really showed me how much the ipod is going to change overall communication. The concept of communicating person to person has definitely changed.

I even purchased my first ipod!

1/16/2006 07:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm jealous.

1/17/2006 10:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home