Sponge Homer

Homer H. Hillis, Jr. sponges all kinds of information, business, political and trends. I've been seen on the Sally Jesse Rafeal show with noted trend spotter Faith Popcorn. My Blog will give you an over view of what I'm seeing and reflections on the same.

Friday, November 25, 2005

Well today is called Black Friday, the busiest shopping day in America. The reports each year get more ridiculous, today reports of Christmas Rage, Stampeding, Outrage over people cutting in long lines at Wal-mart. A nation that is bent on consuming is now consuming itself. Is this the spirit of giving Christ exemplified to the world? I think not! This is a consumption nation gone amok, more and more consumption has now consumed even its own soul. The tools we create the shape us--and now consumption has defined this generation, a generation who has to rent more storage units to store its stuff it owns and cannot let go, mostly JUNK.

1 Comments:

Blogger itsallgroovy said...

How right you are. I love your comment about storage units. Case in point: today at work I had a customer tell me they are downsizing due to $$$for house. She was in buying a smaller table meanwhile she was planning on putting all the other stuff in a storage unit...let it go...

11/25/2005 07:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home