Sponge Homer

Homer H. Hillis, Jr. sponges all kinds of information, business, political and trends. I've been seen on the Sally Jesse Rafeal show with noted trend spotter Faith Popcorn. My Blog will give you an over view of what I'm seeing and reflections on the same.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Dr. Kelly Hamby, I attended an inspirational funeral yesterday for truly a great man. One man made such a difference in Zambia that the news of his death was declared on Radio and TV the entire country. One man sparked a vision in people all over the world to focus on Zambia and help the poor. One man recruited countless people to go there and volunteer there summers to do medical missions and feed the poor. I knew Kelly more by my friends and how they were impacted by his life. But now I know Kelly!
The funeral spaned 2 continents via the Internet. Children at the school that Kelly helped participated by singing a traditional song and a prayer was offered by the leader of the school.
The Kingdom of God is much larger because of Kelly: Thank you Kelly for going!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home