Sponge Homer

Homer H. Hillis, Jr. sponges all kinds of information, business, political and trends. I've been seen on the Sally Jesse Rafeal show with noted trend spotter Faith Popcorn. My Blog will give you an over view of what I'm seeing and reflections on the same.

Sunday, July 25, 2004

I grew up in a very political place: Uvalde, Texas. Uvalde was the home of John Nance Garner Vice President with FDR in the early 30's. As well Dolph Brisco former Gov. of Texas. We used to go down to the Uvalde Leader News offices and watch the election come in on a black board--as the results changed someone would erase the numbers and put them up in chalk on the board. That seems like yesterday. Dolph won the governorship in the late 60's and we'd watch him at conventions as he pledged our delegates to whichever candidate won the nomination. One of us. Republicans were scarce then in Uvalde. Down the street from my grandfather one man had Goldwater signs out in front of his house. That was abnormal--you didn't see many Goldwater signs in Uvalde.
This will be a very political week. I like politics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home