Sponge Homer

Homer H. Hillis, Jr. sponges all kinds of information, business, political and trends. I've been seen on the Sally Jesse Rafeal show with noted trend spotter Faith Popcorn. My Blog will give you an over view of what I'm seeing and reflections on the same.

Saturday, July 17, 2004

No More Pat at the Pump!
I stopped in a Love's the other day in Weatherford, Texas. Wanda who was on her 2nd go around at Love's reminded me of an air traffic controller. She takes money, cards and turns pumps on and off through a highly sofisticated gas pump monoriting system. She makes lots of commentary on all her transactions, she's a running commentary on everything happening. She will always give you a word about something. She appears to like and enjoy what she does. She has to be present to work where she does, one or 2 mistakes and she's cost Love's a lot of money. I engaged a conversation while waiting for Cuin to fill up the truck---- She said corporate had cut all pay at the pump off because they had--$1000 in drive off gas in one week. I've heard a Love's will do about $100,000 per week in gas average. So 1% drive off is not bad but when you consider the margins is very bad. When gas hits $2 per gallon it becomes a much more "stealable" commodity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home