Sponge Homer

Homer H. Hillis, Jr. sponges all kinds of information, business, political and trends. I've been seen on the Sally Jesse Rafeal show with noted trend spotter Faith Popcorn. My Blog will give you an over view of what I'm seeing and reflections on the same.

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

China produced 1.04 billion pairs of shoes last year for the world. That's about 20% of the worlds feet got Chinese made shoes. That's about 5 pairs per American, and depending on how you divide male/female that's 10 per female. I'm making a prediction: China could sell more just to American women. The American woman based on my research has at least 25 pair of shoes. So if we say there's 100,000,000 American women that would be a market potential of 2.5 billion pair of shoes just to USA shoe consumers. This is not a scientific study and should not be used to evaluate the USA shoe business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home