Sponge Homer

Homer H. Hillis, Jr. sponges all kinds of information, business, political and trends. I've been seen on the Sally Jesse Rafeal show with noted trend spotter Faith Popcorn. My Blog will give you an over view of what I'm seeing and reflections on the same.

Tuesday, August 26, 2003

I like this guys take on Holiday Inn Long term Care. You may have heard about the 91 yr old man who attempted to rob a bank in Abilene the other day. I suppose one could reason, "hey 91 years old and I go to jail and get Free care, why not"?

I just heard on CNN that the average cost for a Nursing Home per day in
the USA is $188!!

Now, I figure it this way, I can get a real nice room at the Holiday Inn
for around $65... that leaves $123 for beer, food (room service), laundry,
Elvis collectibles, gratuities and clothes. They have a swimming pool, some
even have a workout room (therapy), a lounge, cable (recreation), washer
dryer (if I am too impaired, a child or grandchild can pick up my clothes
once a week, or they could rotate, that way everyone would only have to do it
twice a year). Most have free toothpaste and razors, but all have free
shampoo and soap. There may be a bit of a wait to get that first floor room, but that's all right, it takes months to get into some Nursing Homes. There is the Senior bus, the Handicap bus, a Church bus or van, cabs, alert cabs, and in some cities The Duck! You have security and if someone sees you drop over, I am sure they would call an ambulance (if you break your hip, hopefully the
family would be smart enough to sue). What more could you ask for?!
With AARP and other Senior discounts, I could be livin pretty dern nicely.

So, when I reach that Golden age help me keep my grin,
just check my ole rickety body into the nearest Holiday Inn!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home