Sponge Homer

Homer H. Hillis, Jr. sponges all kinds of information, business, political and trends. I've been seen on the Sally Jesse Rafeal show with noted trend spotter Faith Popcorn. My Blog will give you an over view of what I'm seeing and reflections on the same.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

This is a note from my buyer Jack Smith, Jack handles the importing of items from all over the world: sound easy, ITS NOT!
We are trying to get a button sample here from China.

Read below:

Hi customer, here's the update on the button samples.

UPS China picked the buttons up Monday but didn't leave China til today (actually they left overnight since that's Wednesday in China). Don't ask why, all I'm getting is UPS had a problem with the plane. UPS is too big to have problems with planes so I'm clueless. I'm still hoping to see these by Friday and we'll overnite to you the day they arrive. I also have the Olivine buttons here that I pulled in from our stores since I was out and didn't want to ask China to rush just 1 item. I'll be shipping the Olivine buttons with the 6 samples from China the day it arrives.

UPS is typically a reliable international shipping option so I don't know what went wrong. I told the vendor that UPS suggested they hadn't given the box to UPS when they said but that's not what the vendor says. UPS did tell me it happens "quite often" that packages arrive on time although they don't get scanned into their system... that's scarey!

I know this isn't the news you want to hear but the fact that I am able to track it on UPS now at least I have something to ask about. As soon as I received the tracking number I started tracking and have given our vendor heck to get something going with UPS so I can track it. Last night I even suggested they make a new batch of samples to ship FedEx or DHL but now that these are in the UPS computer I think we'll be good to go.

The package should've left China overnight so I'm hoping by tomorrow morning we'll be able to track and see that it's in the states waiting on Customs clearance.

Jack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home