Sponge Homer

Homer H. Hillis, Jr. sponges all kinds of information, business, political and trends. I've been seen on the Sally Jesse Rafeal show with noted trend spotter Faith Popcorn. My Blog will give you an over view of what I'm seeing and reflections on the same.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I attended the Tax Reform Commission yesterday at HSU, the TTRC is trying to find a better way to collect tax for public education in Texas. The old system is illegal.
my comments:
Bead business is tough, we have a lot of competition that doesn't pay any taxes, many of our competitors are insurgent marketers who appear and are gone, about the only way to levy a tax that is collectible is a consumption tax, based on what people buy.
John Sharps bird dog was having puppies in his truck yesterday--he agreed to name one Abby for Abilene and I suggested one dog for each University here.
I met the former CEO of Radio Shack, who led Radio Shack for many years. I didn't mentioned the Incredible Universe Flop store, which was probably 10yrs ahead of its time. Timing, Timing, Timing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home