Sponge Homer

Homer H. Hillis, Jr. sponges all kinds of information, business, political and trends. I've been seen on the Sally Jesse Rafeal show with noted trend spotter Faith Popcorn. My Blog will give you an over view of what I'm seeing and reflections on the same.

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Yesterday in Atlanta I had an interesting visit with the fire marshal for
downtown buildings over 5 stories. Lt Level. Lt Level gets to inspect and enforce
building/fire codes in the downtown area of Atlanta. I had stayed at CNN center and asked if he ever had any trouble with all those small restaurants in the food court, mainly the vent-a-hoods. Lt Level said, "come over here in your booth and let me tell you what happened the other day."
He said they are required to have a fire drill twice a year and he inpects the drill.
After a drill the other day he called the VP's of CNN/AOL Time Warner all the big
guys and set them down to go over the drill. He said this was the most Mickey mouse fire drill I have ever seen, and do you want me to call FOX news over to
investigate this fire drill? Man they got serious. He said the quality of fire drills went up fast.
Also we talked about city unions in Atlanta. The one group you really don't want
to upset is the Sanitary Workers, they will dump your garbage in the streets and on your doorstep.
It was a great visit and he has had ZERO incidents in his area.
Prevention is the KEY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home