Sponge Homer

Homer H. Hillis, Jr. sponges all kinds of information, business, political and trends. I've been seen on the Sally Jesse Rafeal show with noted trend spotter Faith Popcorn. My Blog will give you an over view of what I'm seeing and reflections on the same.

Monday, March 01, 2004

In 1983 India kicked out Coca Cola along with a host of other companies. Mr. Ramesh Manchanda was a manager for GE overseeing 1200 employees. When I came to India in 1983 for the first time you could not by a Coke. I met Mr. Ramesh here at the show and I inquired about how he got in the bead business. He spoke of the yr 1983 and the changes made in government privitzation of business. India took large steps backwards but now GE has well over 5,000 call center employees in Delhi alone.
Those days were very tumultous says Mr. Ramesh. You see he was in line to be country manger of India and that all changed very fast.
Today he has a very successful bead supply company, his son is a software engineer with Microsoft, and I believe his daughter works for Cisco systems.
Now India welcomes foreign invesment and the country is prospering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home