Sponge Homer

Homer H. Hillis, Jr. sponges all kinds of information, business, political and trends. I've been seen on the Sally Jesse Rafeal show with noted trend spotter Faith Popcorn. My Blog will give you an over view of what I'm seeing and reflections on the same.

Monday, March 01, 2004

I'm posting this from New Delhi India where my stomach us cured with Curry for about 2 months. My travel has been nothing less than exciting. First KLM lost my luggage, for one week I had the same pants, yesterday they found my luggage, today I leave. My luggage is still at the airport. I should see it today, just enough time to re-check it back to states. How about that for a ordeal! They gave me 5000 rupies, about 60us$ for cloths. We'll its hard to find big and tall Indian clothing stores. Its been fun!
My trip to Turkman Gate was as historic and much like an Indiana Jones movie. TG is a totally muslem community here that is a large are with back alley ways--in Indiana Jones movies you have a scene usually with Indiana and Hindi in a back street part of a city in the middle east--well that was the movie I got to expierence it---
all along these little alley was are shops the majority are bead shops, flower griding, sheep selling, curry cooking all open flame--not problem with city codes--there's none--
as you walk the smell of 100 spices mixes in your nostrils, as well as
a loud speaker hollering out Allaha Acbar and other religious poems and sayings---not a problem staying awake in this semon everyone here's it.
I was well received in Turkman gate--could not be missed. Had my photo taken sturing a large pot Chicken Curry. The cooks loved it and smiled big.
The little things in TG go a long way.
I've heard of the Arab Street, I think I visited it at Turkman Gate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home