Sponge Homer

Homer H. Hillis, Jr. sponges all kinds of information, business, political and trends. I've been seen on the Sally Jesse Rafeal show with noted trend spotter Faith Popcorn. My Blog will give you an over view of what I'm seeing and reflections on the same.

Monday, December 15, 2003

Today the wind is blowing over 40mph out of the west. Lubbock is coming to town if Santa doesn't make it.
Today my Uncle Barnes passed away. Barnes was my dad's step brother. Barnes Hillis lived in Utopia, Texas (yes and it is Utopia there). He and Inez lived out on her family ranch. One thing I remember is going their and Aunt Inez cooking the riches cakes and deserts I had ever eaten. Barnes had many friends and lived in Utopia till a few years ago where he moved to a nursing home in Uvalde. To me Barnes was a gentle, friendly man. He never spoke bad of anyone and probably never missed a Sunday Church service. He lived on the otherside of the dry Saco creek which at times didn't stay dry.
He leaves to me a legacy of: gentleness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home