Sponge Homer

Homer H. Hillis, Jr. sponges all kinds of information, business, political and trends. I've been seen on the Sally Jesse Rafeal show with noted trend spotter Faith Popcorn. My Blog will give you an over view of what I'm seeing and reflections on the same.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Sugar prices, I remember the days in the 70's when my mom and her friends smuggled sugar across the Mexican border,the price of a pound of sugar went sky high, with it inflation in all food containing sugar--now we are in a similar time: "The scramble for sugar reflects America's sweet tooth.

The U.S. scarfs down about 10 million tons of sugar a year between retail, food service and manufacturing uses, according to Jack Roney, director of economics with the American Sugar Alliance in Arlington, Va.

Typically, more than 80 percent of that need ? up to 8.5 million tons ? is homegrown."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home