Sponge Homer

Homer H. Hillis, Jr. sponges all kinds of information, business, political and trends. I've been seen on the Sally Jesse Rafeal show with noted trend spotter Faith Popcorn. My Blog will give you an over view of what I'm seeing and reflections on the same.

Sunday, March 21, 2004


Everything you wanted to know about Billy the Kid, by Mike Ramsey.

William Bonney AKA " Billy the Kid "

His mom , Catherine McCarty Antrim is buried next to my Father-in-law's
sister in Silver City, NM..

I knew and socialized with the Coe Family in 1944 - 45 at the Glencoe,
NM Ranch. They rode with Billy; and George threw me out of the House
once for trying to Jitterbug to " My Adobe Hacienda" being sung by
Louise Massey with her Band

( This was during WWII and all we had to drink was Rum & Coke which was
pretty potent at altitude)

My wife Jane is from Ft. Sumner, NM and sometimes I think she is
probably the great-grand-daughter of the little Bandit.

He was killed at Pete's and is buried at Ft. Sumner - All the rest is
hog-wash.

Several hundred people, mostly grieving Mexican friends, saw him laid
out after the shooting.

He was very popular with the Mexicans and if it had not been him - - it
would have been known immediately.

It was widely known among the Mexicans;
he was messing around with a young Mexican wife of an older man - -
(this can be hazardous to your health)

The man offered a "reward under the bed" (excuse the pun) and furnished
necessary location-time intelligence.

Patrick Floyd Garrett and two of his compadres, collected the dinero.

They are talking about digging poor Catherine up for a DNA on the Body
at Ft. Sumner. I am trying to figure out how to get some money out of
Mental Anguish because they will disturb "our " famiy plot.

You see. I am the son-in-law of the lady who is the second wife of the
brother of the lady buried next to Catherine. Isn't that close enough to
get some money?

If I can be of further confusion - -please advise.

Tu Historiador

M

PS: From the people I have talked to and the reading and reflection I
have done, I am convinced he was probably " inflagrente delicto " at the
time of his demise.

There was a good size party going on nearby but he was dressed only in a
pair of pants - - no boots or shirt.

He had a butcher knife in his hand and was on his way to the meat-house
to "cut a steak"

Question: If Pete Maxwell was in bed - and all the hired help was at the
party, who was going to cook the Steak for whom to eat ?

Most Cowboys and Bandits don't stroll around barefooted and no shirt
unless they just got out of bed - - hungry - -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home