Sponge Homer

Homer H. Hillis, Jr. sponges all kinds of information, business, political and trends. I've been seen on the Sally Jesse Rafeal show with noted trend spotter Faith Popcorn. My Blog will give you an over view of what I'm seeing and reflections on the same.

Sunday, March 21, 2004

The Gillette Company
I had a conversation in Houston waiting for a plane the other day with the Gillette rep for Texas--my question was, "how come I can buy Mack3 razors at flea markets, new in the box for about 1/2 of what I pay at Wal-mart?" His response--razor blades are the most shoplifted item in the grocery store and they steal them and peddle them at the flea markets. I guess that's why they are so high--so cover for shrikage. This is an affluant society where razor blades are hot property for thieves, you'd have a hard time in the Muslem world, since most men don't shave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home