Sponge Homer

Homer H. Hillis, Jr. sponges all kinds of information, business, political and trends. I've been seen on the Sally Jesse Rafeal show with noted trend spotter Faith Popcorn. My Blog will give you an over view of what I'm seeing and reflections on the same.

Thursday, October 23, 2003

Greetings from Hong Kong China! We arrived at 12midnight after a 2 hr testing of a monitoring device in Tokyo Japan. I never complain about technical difficulties being checked out before one is airborne neither should you when you fly. The trip was great. I think Northwest fed us at least 8 times. One certainly gets his/her monies worth in food. I had a most interesting conversation with a fellow traveler who just returned from Iraq. What insight he has on the ground zero situation. He visited ancient Babylon and might send me a photo of it. I can't wait.
The day today is filled with meeting our guide at his office, exchanging ideas, getting to know them. Our contact Richard and Michael met us at the airport last evening with a sign: Jeff & Homer. And with great hospitality showed us to our hotel and presented us with a nice drawn out schedule. What a great welcome to China we had.
I've been awake about 30hrs with the exception of a few "cat" knaps. So today about 3pm I'm sure I'll crash.
All the best to you on the other side of the world.
China awaits you someday. Marco Polo did it and so can we,
Sponge Homer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home