Sponge Homer

Homer H. Hillis, Jr. sponges all kinds of information, business, political and trends. I've been seen on the Sally Jesse Rafeal show with noted trend spotter Faith Popcorn. My Blog will give you an over view of what I'm seeing and reflections on the same.

Saturday, October 11, 2003

Abilene Reporter News: State
Corralling Voters in West Texas
The quote of all quotes, "The people in Lubbock were happy to join the people of Abilene," said Sen. Robert Duncan, R-Lubbock, a main Senate congressional redistricting negotiator. "We crafted a plan that not only preserves West Texas as a whole, but a district that makes sense. Some will be angry and I can’t blame them. While the West Texas configuration is not what I wanted, not what I was fighting for ... this configuration, if you look seven years to 17 years down the road, is a good configuration in this process.’’ But what about the people of Abilene? We are mad as hell over this, it delutes our voice and pairs us with interest not our own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home