Sponge Homer

Homer H. Hillis, Jr. sponges all kinds of information, business, political and trends. I've been seen on the Sally Jesse Rafeal show with noted trend spotter Faith Popcorn. My Blog will give you an over view of what I'm seeing and reflections on the same.

Thursday, October 09, 2003

My response to George Will's editorial:
I just read your column today on Arnolds ascension to power and the polictics around it. I could not agree more with it. I'm about a stones throw from Johnson City
Texas my wife & I have a second home in historic Fredericksburg, Texas. Today Tom Delay's Texas Mapist gave us a new set of boundaries for congressional
districts that I know has LBJ rolling over in his grave. The map can be seen at: www.statesman.com its hot of the press, its the most checker boarded attempt at voter corralling I've ever seen and trying to appease our state majority leader. Its sure to be contested by the courts. Why would our founding fathers allow career politicians to draw their own maps--corralling voters like cattle who can be rounded up and taken off to the polls? A non partisan group with no interest would be better. Texas has spent some 15mil dollars on this effort and it looks futile.
Vote herding as I call it!
I appreciate your thoughts/ideas everytime I hear you speak or read your work. I think you for being open and non biased as much as any of us can,
Also I blogged your article on my bog,
Blessings and good day,
Homer H. Hillis, Jr.
Abilene,Texas USA
was 17th Congressional District, now who knows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home