Sponge Homer

Homer H. Hillis, Jr. sponges all kinds of information, business, political and trends. I've been seen on the Sally Jesse Rafeal show with noted trend spotter Faith Popcorn. My Blog will give you an over view of what I'm seeing and reflections on the same.

Monday, August 16, 2004

Smoking!

Uncle Martin was telling me yesterday how he started smoking . He's 81 and remembers the day he started. He, my Dad (Hudson) and Bryan Connor a family friend with a ranch south of Uvalde were setting on a windmill. My dad and Bryan were smoking Bull Derom(sp?) rolled cigeretts while dove hunting. Uncle Martin the older of the 3 said he'd like one of those. "He got sick as a mule." But that didn't stop him. After approximatly 42yrs he smoked. The last year he was up to 3 packs per day, then in 1965 he put them in his desk drawer and never picked them up. By asking the questions:"I wonder how long I can go without picking up a pack of cigerettes?". Its been 39yrs since he's picked up a pack.
The military he said put a pack in his ration FREE! So they encourged the habbit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home