Sponge Homer

Homer H. Hillis, Jr. sponges all kinds of information, business, political and trends. I've been seen on the Sally Jesse Rafeal show with noted trend spotter Faith Popcorn. My Blog will give you an over view of what I'm seeing and reflections on the same.

Tuesday, September 23, 2003

I was not surprised last evening when I watched the Senate on C-span question the Ambassador to Iraq, Paul Brenner. Pete Domenici
floated the idea that we propose to the Iraqi's that some day we might want to impose a $1 barrel levy on their oil to help us recoup the Billions of dollars the US will spend to rebuild Iraq.
I was surprised to learn that Iraq has a combined debt of $200billion to the world. Now one can see the reluctance of some countries to pour anymore resources into this effort. Couldn't we find a country to fix that didn't have so much debt?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home